Draft your own retirement plan
Anyone thinking about retirement would like answers to these questions.
- How do I find out what I don’t know about retirement saving?
- Who can I trust with my money?
- How do I choose the right pension product for my retirement?
- Am I saving enough for my retirement?
- How much money will be enough for me to retire on?
- When can I afford to retire?
- How long will my money last after I retire?
- What living standard can I afford in retirement?
- How will I cope with inflation in retirement?
- Should I worry about investment costs?
The first three questions are more about quality than quantity. The rest need calculation. Any calculation needs to be understandable to the people who use it. We believe we have such a system for you.
Why not just a simple plan? No plan is worth much without practical targets. Because we are dealing with monetary values we need to calculate these targets so that they can be used to measure progress. Because projecting numbers into the future is meaningless our calculations are all in present value and we teach you how to review actual numbers every year. No guesses, no assumptions.
We help you establish the relationship between what you live on today [your existing living standard] and the amount of income you would have if you retired today. From this point we help you work from now to retirement to improve that ratio.
It’s simpler than it sounds, and will tell you quickly if you are saving enough. Once you have done the initial work you can keep updating your situation to check your progress to retirement.
Writing your plan
We teach you how to draft your own retirement plan. You can work with a group or on your own with a dedicated facilitator.